Hungarian Rectors’ Conference is the first Central-European partner in the Brazilian government program “Science Without Borders.” There are 17 Hungarian higher education institutions included in the project and that can offer 68 Undergraduate, 1 Postgraduate, 46 PhD and 7 health science courses.
HRC will make it easy for you to find the right university, department, and specific program that best suits your needs.
Students in the 2nd and 3rd year of their Brazilian undergraduate program are eligible to apply for a CAPES/CNPq scholarship to pursue a unique undergraduate placement at a Hungarian institution
for up to 12 months.
The placement may involve the following components, depending on your selected Hungarian institution:
- English/German/French language preparatory / professional preparatory course (3 months)
- Academic study basically in English, but in cases also in German and French (up to 8 months)
- Research internship (2-3 months following the period of academic study)
Candidates nominated by their University:
- Candidates must be citizens of Brazil. Students with Hungarian or dual citizenship of Hungary and Brazil are not eligible for this program.
- Candidates must be currently attending college or university in Brazil.
- Candidates should have completed 20% but no more than 90 % of their required degree in Brazil.
- Candidates must have superior academic abilities. Transcripts should show a consistently high level of performance, indicative of good academic potential.
- Candidates must be proficient in English (or German/French). Candidates must submit a language score report (TOEFL or IELTS).
- Candidates must present official and translated transcripts from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education.
Candidates applying independently
Candidates applying independently must meet all the above requirements, and they need to consult the Brazilian agency in order
to get all the required information.
Graduate Opportunities (PhD, Postdoctoral, Health science)
Brazilian students are eligible to apply for scholarships administered by CNPq and CAPES to pursue any of the following at a Hungarian institution:
- A complete doctoral degree program, lasting up to 4 years
- A 12-month “sandwich year” of doctoral research
- Postdoctoral research of 6-18 months’ duration
Exact admission requirements vary by program and university; however applicants should meet Hungary’s general minimum admission requirements.
To apply to complete an entire doctoral program, students must hold either a strictu sensu master’s degree from a Brazilian university or other qualification making them eligible to begin a doctoral program.
Students interested in a sandwich year should be currently enrolled as doctoral candidates in Brazil.